Monday, September 14, 2009

WEEK #3: Lab Assignment #3 Example 1




In the first slide, I attempted to design a logo for a photography company. I wanted something edgy, modern, with a “hip” use of color; something that immediately draw you into the design of the logo. I used different shapes and angles to come up with the separate letting of the word “FLASH”, and used different color schemes throughout each letter to spice things up. I also added a lighting bolt in the background to assist as a visual aid to the word “FLASH”. If you can see, I also snuck in a second lighting bolt as the “L”. Lastly, I placed the word “PHOTOGRAPHY” within the logo to help brand it as well as give meaning to the overall design.
In the second slide, I changed the wording so that this logo would represent a completely different organization, in this case a professional soccer league. I thought this design could be applied to any kind of sports league because of the colors, and the modern edginess, color, and design in the logo.
In my opinion, I think the branding in the first slide works the best because most people associate a flash with a camera. So, the fact the a photography company would have this kind of logo would completely make sense. This logo works well for the soccer league, but the logistical ease of the association between logo and company/institution works much better with the photography concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment