Monday, September 28, 2009

WEEK #5: Lab Assignment 4-Example #1


First I have to say that I really enjoyed this assignment. I thought it was really interested to try to interpret all the different metaphors into a design without actually being able to use any of the words. I am hoping that the next few examples I blog about over this week will be pretty easy to interpret.

This first example represents the metaphor "Time is Money". I found the background image through a google search of "time". When I saw this image, I just knew this was what I wanted to start with as the background. I thought this would easily be interpreted as representing time. Then I had to figure out how to incorporate money and how show the equivalency between both. The red equal sign contrasts with the white and black of the clock and is commonly understood as meaning "is". Then, I found an image of money, placed it close to the equal sign, and felt that this metaphor could be easily interpreted as "Time is Money".

No comments:

Post a Comment