Sunday, September 6, 2009

WEEK #1: Lab Assignment #1 Example 4


Alright, example #4 was a doozey! When I first came across this page, I highly considered not attempting this because I thought it would be way too difficult. But after giving it some thought, I came up with a few good ideas that I thought would drastically improve the overall appearance and navigation of this page. The first thing I noticed was that on both sides of the page, there was a lot of repetition among graphics, links, and information. So I decided to reduce that down to just the left side of the page, allowing more room for the information in the center. I also noticed there were many links that could be categorized into groups, so at the top of the page, I placed these categories with the option to scroll over them, showing all the subcategories. Instead of having bulk, scrunched up information in the center, I expanded the center portion more to the right, allowing for more information and more pictures to be displayed, and also making it less visually straining on the user.

No comments:

Post a Comment