Thursday, September 3, 2009

WEEK #1: Lab Assignment #1 Example 2



In example #2, I actually like some of the design concepts of this website. I thought the color scheme and some of graphics used were very modern, and they immediately attracted me into the website. However, that doesn't make up for the fact that 1/3 of the right side of the page is completely left blank. There are obvious spacing issues, as well as cluttered links at the top of the page. Also, the logo of the library is shoved into the top left hand corner, making it hard for the user to see the relation of this website.

In my changes, I rearranged a few shapes and added an info box that help reduce clutter and expanded the overall page. Instead of the search function being at the bottom, I added it to the top; I felt like this was necessary being that this is a library page. I moved the categories from the top to the left side of the page, making it easer for the user to navigate through the website. And lastly, I expanded the logo over the entire top of the page, allowing the user to identify with the library more quickly and much easier.



No comments:

Post a Comment