Monday, September 21, 2009

WEEK #4: The Cluttered Ad


I couldn't find a larger dimension of this image, but both sides are supposed to be advertising a supplement that is supposed to enhance an athlete's performance. I selected to talk about this image because I felt like this was a terrible example of advertising concepts as well as design principles. As a whole, this advertisement appears extremely cluttered and very distracting; I'm not really sure where to look first. There is entirely way too much information crammed into this advertisement. It would probably take the average person over 10 minutes to get through the entire ad. If I were to make some changes, I would go through the information, picking out the most crucial selling points of the product, and include only that information in the ad. This would take away some of the clutter, and allow the ad to be much more organized and to have a better flow for the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment