Wednesday, September 2, 2009

WEEK #1: Lab #1 Assignment Example 1



So this is my before and after of my first example of Lab #1. I chose to work with 5 poorly designed sites and try improve their overall appearance. In the "before" image, everything is very cluttered on the page; there is no organization, and it seems to be extremely confusing for the user. So in attempting to improve this site, I first tried to stick with the idea of the using the product as clickable links to display information. But instead, I organized them at the top of the page, and added and large rectangular information box. Each time the user clicks on a different link at the top of the page, the information will be displayed in the lower portion of the page on the rectangle. I tried to stick with the same color usage and use minimal shape changes, and I think the page looks much more organized and it a lot easier to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment