Monday, September 14, 2009

WEEK #3: Lab Assignment #3 Example 2



In the fourth slide, I wanted to create a logo for a film company, so I started with the word “ENCORE” as the name of the production company. From there, I began adjusting the colors and styles of the lettering. I added a 3-D effect on the lettering in combination for a soft black glow around the edges. After that, I got the idea to replace the “O” with an actual reel of film. So I placed a graphic in the background with letters slightly overtop, creating a layered effect. Lastly, I added the lettering at the bottom of the graphic to brand the film production company.
In the fifth slide, again all I changed was the letting in the bottom portion of the graphic. Here, I decided to brand this logo as a banquet/catering company. My thoughts were banquets are events that are usually some type of “production”, like a wedding or a corporate event. So I thought the visual representation worked well when it was applied to this type of company.
I think out of both slides, the fourth slide works the best with the literal meaning of the graphics. “Encore” is a word commonly associated with the film industry and movies, so it is more appropriate for this graphic to brand the company. Also, placing the reel of film as the “O” is another creative aspect that drives the literal interpretation of this graphic.

No comments:

Post a Comment